SciCombinator

Discover the most talked about and latest scientific content & concepts.

Abstract
We report our experience with a case of stomach perforation after accidental ingestion of liquid nitrogen. A 13-year-old boy ate a snack at an amusement park and began to complain of sudden onset of severe abdominal pain with shortness of breath. It was determined that the snack he had ingested had been cooled with liquid nitrogen. A computed tomography scan of the abdomen and a chest X-ray showed a large volume of pneumoperitoneum. During surgery, a 4-cm perforation of the angularis incisura of the stomach was identified. Primary repair and omentopexy was performed. The patient was discharged without postoperative complications.
Tweets*
110
Facebook likes*
0
Reddit*
0
News coverage*
0
Blogs*
0
SC clicks
0
Concepts
Ingestion, Abdomen, Radiography, Medical imaging, Digestive system, Stomach, Mouth, Abdominal pain
MeSH headings
-
comments powered by Disqus

* Data courtesy of Altmetric.com